Pennrose Management is excited to be hiring for Development Interns for our Support Center in Philadelphia, PA.
This Intern will be exposed to real estate development from inception through construction completion and lease-up. The Development Intern will gain exposure to external team of financiers, architects, designers, engineers and contractors. The Intern will have the opportunity to attend external and internal meetings – including meetings with company executives - and education sessions, visit construction sites, and participate in aspects of the design process. Each Intern will simultaneously participate on multiple projects in varying stages of development. This position expects strong financial skills, meticulous accuracy in all work and effective written and oral communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting, editing, assembling, and finalizing - under the direction of a member of the development team - multiple, professional responses to Requests for Proposals and/or Qualifications in the pursuit of new business opportunities
- Preparation of applications for local, state and Federal funding sources.
- Preparation of professional Powerpoint presentations for both large and small groups of financiers, municipalities, and community constituents for the purpose of marketing Pennrose Properties to groups that could be potentially skeptical and occasionally adverse
- Preliminary financial modeling and market analysis and due diligence to determine the economic feasibility of a project
- Supporting development team on due diligence for financial closings
- Coordination of project meetings, responsible for meeting logistic and preparation
- Timely follow-up of land-development approval process
- Create and maintain overall project schedules for finance, design, approvals and construction.
- Market research and “shopping” of comparable properties in markets where Pennrose is seeking new development opportunities
- Timely preparation of quality correspondence, applications, proposals and reports
Requisite Abilities and Accomplishments
- Strong analytical ability
- Experience in composing on-message PowerPoint presentations
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure exercising sound judgment, prioritizing demands and responding with composure to a fast-paced environment with high-energy leadership
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated punctuality and respect for other’s time
- Accuracy – with an attention to detail - and speed in task execution
- Strong work ethic and exceptionally high work standards
- Good judgment and professionalism
- Ability to prioritize demands and respond with composure to a fast-paced environment with high-energy leadership
Required Education and Experience:
- Full-time enrollment in Bachelor's or Master's Degree program at an accredited college or university
- Major or concentration in Real Estate, Urban Planning, Finance or Business or related area
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
Since 1971, Pennrose Management Company has provided results-oriented multifamily property management throughout the Mid-Atlantic and beyond. Through superior resident services and the constant attention we give owners and investors, we create value and preserve assets. Our properties are true bright spots in their neighborhoods and we make sure they stay that way. Currently, we manage more than 8,500 units in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Ohio, Tennessee, Alabama and Connecticut.