ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
Generates revenue in assigned territory. Prospects face-to-face at the customer’s location for the purpose of selling TruGreen services. Ensures high post-sales satisfaction facilitating positive long-term relationships and high potential for repeat business with customers. May conduct in home inspections, including attic space inspections, for the purpose of selling insulation installation services.
• Generates sales revenue by adding new program customers as well as cross-selling and upselling current customers.
• Sells programs and services door-to-door to existing and prospective customers through means of traveling around assigned territory. Determines target geographic selling area on a weekly basis.
• Creates selling strategy sales pitch and formulates answers and objections. Negotiates with customer and closes the sale.
• Conducts follow-up of leads through means of person-to-person contact to identify customer needs.
• Conducts retention and service calls through means of person-to-person contact. Meets branch retention standards.
• Conducts in-home and attic inspections to evaluate current insulation in-house and recommends insulation services as needed.
• Determines pricing by measuring and calculating square footage to branch price list.
• Estimates date of service to customer based on knowledge of branch production and service schedules.
• Accurately completes reports and maintains proper sales reports.
• ServiceMaster Commitment
• Customer Orientation/Positive Impact
• Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency
• Change Mastery
• Relationship Building/Sensitivity
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
Education and Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) or 0 - 1 years of related experience in lawn/horticulture agronomic field and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 1+ years of sales experience preferred
• Certification as required by federal, state or local law
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• General knowledge of the industry, organization, products, and/or services
• Demonstrated knowledge of selling techniques (prospecting, overcoming objections,
• Ability to find and assess potential sales opportunities
• Ability to build customer relationships and provide appropriate levels of customer service
• Strong communication (verbal and written)
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions,
proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to travel locally on an extensive basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.