RN Charge - MICU 0.7FTE
Registered Nurse (RN) Charge - MICU
What we’re looking for in you
• Outstanding customer service, acting as an advocate to our patients
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing required
• MN RN license required
• 2 years of acute care/tele RN experience required
• BLS certification from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
• ACLS certification required
• PALS certification preferred
• Progressive leadership or charge experience preferred
• This is only open to current MICU permanent charge RN's
• Availability to work 0.7 FTE, 56 hours every 2 weeks, night shift (mix of 8 and 12 hour shifts), every third weekend.
The skills you bring as a Registered Nurse (RN)
• The ability to provide an outstanding patient experience that is second to none.
• Your valuable experience working with critically ill patients or telemetry unit
The purpose of the Charge Registered Nurse (RN) role
The Charge Nurse is directly responsible to the Nurse Manager in all matters of patient care, personnel supervision and management of the department. The Charge Nurse provides continuity of leadership and is responsible for the evaluation and prioritization of activities to meet the challenging unit demands throughout the day while ensuring the quality of care is being rendered in a cost effective manner.
What our Registered Nurse (RN) MICU team is saying:
"I have never felt so welcomed anywhere in my entire career. I am greeted warmly every time I turn around."
Your life at Lakeview
Join Lakeview Hospital, a market leader providing an outstanding patient care experience in the Twin Cities metro area, on our exciting mission of keeping patients healthier, improving the patient experience for each individual, and providing affordable care. At Lakeview Hospital, you will find a culture of excellence, compassion, integrity and partnership. Our employees take great pride in making our mission happen every day.
Lakeview Hospital is nationally recognized for putting patients and safety first! We have a long history of being recognized for our outstanding patient care by local, state and national organizations. Other healthcare organizations strive to receive this recognition.
Stillwater is the birthplace of Minnesota, a jewel on the scenic St. Croix River. A short drive from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul and just across the river from Wisconsin, Stillwater offers a hometown feel with big town benefits. Whether outdoor activities in the beautiful nearby state parks or shopping on historic main street is more your thing, Stillwater is a fabulous community in which to work, live and play.
Did you know…
Lakeview Hospital has free parking for all employees?
Date of Posting: 1/22/2019
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN)
Job Family: Patient care
Primary Location: Lakeview Hospital – Stillwater, MN
Employment Status: Part-time
Education Level: Nursing degree
Benefit Eligibility: Partial, Full
Lakeview Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.