Pennrose is an industry leader in the development and management of Affordable Housing. We are excited to be hiring for a Compliance Auditor for our Property Support Center in Philadelphia, PA
The Compliance Auditor will be responsible for monitoring property management operations within the assigned portfolio of properties with a specific focus on ensuring the properties operate in compliance with the site-specific covenants governing those properties. This work requires expert level knowledge of the applicable housing programs and a very high degree of attention to detail. The Compliance Auditor will maintain open communication with site staff, operations staff, and other Pennrose staff to ensure that the compliance responsibilities and requirements of each applicable program are met on a continuous basis. The Compliance Auditor is charged with protecting Pennrose assets by ensuring that each property within their portfolio remains compliant at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
• Reviewing and approving all move in and recertification files for compliance with the specified housing
• Providing guidance and training to employees who prepare these files to minimize errors in compliance and to
• Prepare and submit on a timely basis all reports required for investors, state housing agencies and HUD
• Update database to maintain updates to income limits, utility allowances and maximum rents
• Be a subject matter expert to Property Managers, Regional Property Managers and Vice Presidents with
compliance related issues that require consistent guidance
• Develop a relationship with State Agencies (HUD, investors, etc.)
• Conduct on site file audits for compliance and training purposes
Required Education and Experience:
• Expert level knowledge LIHTC and of HUD programs including but not limited to: Public Housing, Section 8,
HOME, and other rental assistance or rental income housing programs.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in compliance / property management or a closely aligned field
• Proficiency in use of computers including the following software: Yardi, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to communicate both in writing and verbally in an effective manner.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and adhere to strict deadlines.
• Requires strong understanding of basic math skills.
• Ability to work varying hours and work until tasks are complete.
• Requires a valid driver’s license, an insured vehicle, and the ability to travel (between properties, training,
Since 1971, Pennrose has been working to improve the lives of working families by creating safe, secure housing communities where residents can build fulfilling lives. We recognize that our legacy will be not only the buildings we develop, but also the neighborhoods they improve, the residents who call them home, and the employees who demonstrate the Pennrose core values to support our mission. Pennrose has achieved a national reputation of excellence for real estate development and multifamily property management.
Pennrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer