RN - ED (On-Call)
Registered Nurse (RN)
What we’re looking for in you
• Associate's Degree is required, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is preferred.
• Must have a current MN RN license or on the MN Board of Nursing Border State Registry.
• Current BLS through American Heart or Red Cross is required.
• Must have a current ACLS certification.
• A minimum of 1 year ED or critical care experience required.
• Must have ENPC or PALS; TNCC certification (if not completed, must be completed within 6 months of start date).
• CEN certificate is preferred.
• Availability to work varying shifts, mainly night shift coverage needed. Must work a minimum of 3 shifts per 6 week schedule (24 total hours) with at least 1 shift being a weekend or off-shift.
The skills you bring as a Registered Nurse (RN)
• Outstanding communication and attention to detail skills.
• Self motivation.
• Ability to work independently as well as work with multiple departments and people.
• Ability to develop skills in the recognition of need for airway management, arrhythmia recognition, and need to intervene and apply skills of rapid sequence intubation medication administration.
• Must be able to recognize variety of cardiac rhythms, notify physician of rhythms which cause instability, and intervene with ACLS protocol.
• Demonstrate knowledge and competence in moderate sedation with ability to recognize instability, intervene and stabilize patient if airway becomes unstable. New Grads will be trained in this skill.
• Skilled in tenets and application of Emergency Severity Index (ESI) acuity. New Grads will be trained.
• Must apply fundamental knowledge of age-related variation in vital signs, developmental needs and assessment considerations to patients across the age spectrum from newborn infants to aged adults.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of key quality considerations/markers in Emergency Medicine including trauma, CVA, sepsis and ST-Elevation (STEMI) care. New grads will be trained in these areas.
The purpose of the Registered Nurse (RN) role
As an Emergency Department Registered Nurse (RN) you are responsible for rapid patient triage and safe, timely and effective treatment of patients ranging in acuity from ambulatory care to critically ill patients. Must be able to think critically and adapt to rapid changes in patient census and acuity. Must be excellent team player and be willing to communicate effectively with MDs, PAs, RNs and NSTs/Clerks. Applicants must strive for excellent patient care and abide by state and national quality standards for emergency care of STEMI, stroke, trauma, pneumonia and sepsis conditions.
What our employees are saying:
"I have never felt so welcomed anywhere in my entire career. I am greeted warmly every time I turn around."
Your life at Lakeview
Join Lakeview Hospital, a market leader providing an outstanding patient care experience in the Twin Cities metro area, on our exciting mission of keeping patients healthier, improving the patient experience for each individual, and providing affordable care. At Lakeview Hospital, you will find a culture of excellence, compassion, integrity and partnership. Our employees take great pride in making our mission happen every day.
Lakeview Hospital is nationally recognized for putting patients and safety first! We have a long history of being recognized for our outstanding patient care by local, state and national organizations. Other healthcare organizations strive to receive this recognition.
Stillwater is the birthplace of Minnesota, a jewel on the scenic St. Croix River. A short drive from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul and just across the river from Wisconsin, Stillwater offers a hometown feel with big town benefits. Whether outdoor activities in the beautiful nearby state parks or shopping on historic main street is more your thing, Stillwater is a fabulous community in which to work, live and play.
Did you know…
Lakeview Hospital has free parking for all employees?
Date of Posting: 08/16/2018
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN)
Job Family: Patient care
Primary Location: Lakeview Hospital – Stillwater, MN
Employment Status: On-Call
Education Level: RN degree
Benefit Eligibility: Limited
Lakeview Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.