Exercise Physiologist - 0.7 FTE
What we’re looking for in you
• Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology or Exercise Science is required.
• BLS (upon hire) and ACLS (within 6 months of hire) certified by either American Heart or Red Cross is required.
• Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology or Exercise Science preferred.
• A minimum of one year of experience in cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation is preferred.
• Previous diagnostic exercise testing is preferred.
• Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist by American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) is preferred.
• Availability to work 0.7 FTE (56 hrs. pay period), Mon-Fri variable days, hours between 7a-5:30p. 0.2 FTE of the schedule will be scheduled in pulmonary rehabilitation. There is the possibility of cross-training to perform diagnostic exercise testing.
The skills you bring as a Exercise Physiologist
• Strong cardiac rhythm interpretation.
• Outstanding communication and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently as well as work with multiple departments and people.
The purpose of the Exercise Physiologist role
As an Cardio Pulmonary Rehab Specialist/Exercise Physiologist you will be responsible for the provision of cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitative services to patients recovering from cardiovascular surgery, MI, or other cardiac/pulmonary diseases using techniques and judgment pertinent to exercise physiology. You will assess patient, plans treatment, conducts exercise sessions, and documents using professional standards. You may also perform non-invasive cardiology testing including resting ECG, Holter and Event Monitors and stress testing.
Your life at Lakeview
Join Lakeview Hospital, a market leader providing an outstanding patient care experience in the Twin Cities metro area, on our exciting mission of keeping patients healthier, improving the patient experience for each individual, and providing affordable care. At Lakeview Hospital, you will find a culture of excellence, compassion, integrity and partnership. Our employees take great pride in making our mission happen every day.
Lakeview Hospital is nationally recognized for putting patients and safety first! We have a long history of being recognized for our outstanding patient care by local, state and national organizations. Other healthcare organizations strive to receive this recognition.
Stillwater is the birthplace of Minnesota, a jewel on the scenic St. Croix River. A short drive from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul and just across the river from Wisconsin, Stillwater offers a hometown feel with big town benefits. Whether outdoor activities in the beautiful nearby state parks or shopping on historic main street is more your thing, Stillwater is a fabulous community in which to work, live and play.
Date of Posting: 09/18/18
Job Title: Cardio Pulmonary Rehab Specialist/Exercise Physiologist
Job Family: Cardiac Rehab
Primary Location: Lakeview Hospital – Stillwater, MN
Employment Status: Part-time
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology or Exercise Science
Benefit Eligibility: Partial
Lakeview Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.