Surgery Technologist - 0.4
Surgery Technologist - 0.4 FTE
What we’re looking for in you
• Commitment to provide an outstanding healthcare experience to our patients and their families.
• Desire to work compassionately with our patients
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Certification as surgical technologist.
• Practical knowledge of basic surgical instrumentation and equipment.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of aseptic technique and sterilization methods.
• Must have current BLS certification from either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
• Availability to work 0.4 FTE, 32 hours a pay period, Monday - Friday, varying 8 and 10 hour shifts with a range from 0600 - 1830.
The skills you bring as a Surgery Technologist
• Good communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• A strong desire to work with and provide a warm welcome to all patients and visitors.
• Attention to detail.
The purpose of the Surgery Technologist role
As a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) you will practice under the direction of a Registered Nurse in an autonomous and collegial manner, integrating critical thinking skills, commitment, and creativity and caring. A CST must possess surgical conscious and knowledge of procedures and instrumentation.
Key Surgery Tech Duties:
• Functions knowledgeably within the scope of CST practice within the interdisciplinary team.
• Responds to patient/surgeon needs in a timely manner.
• Incorporates infection control standards of care and aseptic technique into surgical practice.
• Participates with other health care personnel to advocate for patient needs and optimize patient care outcomes.
• Demonstrates a supportive learning attitude.
• Assumes the responsibility of “role model” and mentor through active coaching and teaching of new employees and students.
• Participates in ongoing educational activities related to clinical practice and professional issues.
• Applies knowledge and skills to maintain clinical competence and technical skills.
• Appropriately make changes/updates on surgical preference cards.
Your life at Lakeview
Join Lakeview Hospital, a market leader providing an outstanding patient care experience in the Twin Cities metro area, on our exciting mission of keeping patients healthier, improving the patient experience for each individual, and providing affordable care. At Lakeview Hospital, you will find a culture of excellence, compassion, integrity and partnership. Our employees take great pride in making our mission happen every day.
Lakeview Hospital is nationally recognized for putting patients and safety first! We have a long history of being recognized for our outstanding patient care by local, state and national organizations. Other healthcare organizations strive to receive this recognition.
Stillwater is the birthplace of Minnesota, a jewel on the scenic St. Croix River. A short drive from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul and just across the river from Wisconsin, Stillwater offers a hometown feel with big town benefits. Whether outdoor activities in the beautiful nearby state parks or shopping on historic main street is more your thing, Stillwater is a fabulous community in which to work, live and play.
Did you know…
Lakeview Hospital has free parking for all employees?
Lakeview offers a generous employee discount in our pharmacy?
Lakeview offers salad bar in the cafeteria every day and one day each week for ½ price?
Lakeview offers tuition reimbursement for eligible roles at an employment status of 0.4 FTE and above?
Date of Posting: 10/8/2018
Job Family: Patient Care
Job Title: Surgery Technologist
Primary Location: Lakeview Hospital – Stillwater, MN
Employment Status: Part-time
Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent and Certified Surgical Technologist
Benefit Eligibility: Limited
Lakeview Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.