Pennrose is an industry leader in the development and management of Affordable Housing. We are excited to be hiring a Utility Manager for our Property support Center located in Philadelphia, PA.
This position will monitor and manage utility consumption and costs for the Pennrose portfolio. This position will promote water and energy conservation and efficiency to reduce operating costs, manage resident billback programs, successfully budget utility costs, originate and maintain utility allowance studies, mentor site staff on sustainable best practices and more. The Utility Manager reports to the Director of Asset Management and supports the goal of maximizing financial performance and value of the Pennrose portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Analysis of property level and portfolio-wide consumption, rates and expenses of utilities including electric,
gas, water, sewer and trash
• Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports and forecast of consumption and expenses with
recommendations for efficiencies
• Identify and correct billing issues and create budget variance explanations
• Collaborate with property management to take corrective action to address consumption issues at properties
• Prepares annual operating budgets for all utilities
• Manage resident billing programs for submeters and vacant recovery
• Manage energy benchmarking compliance (municipal, Fannie Mae, HUD, etc.)
• Review and originate utility allowances and support property management in the implementation of the
• Monitor energy legislation, regulations or other potential factors that may impact the portfolio
• Work with Director of Asset Management to develop and maintain multi-year equipment and system
maintenance and replacement schedules
• Manage energy procurement process and contract renewals
• Develop and implement energy and water-related capital projects, identify relevant incentives to leverage
• Advise development team on best practices for sustainable development
Required Education & Experience:
• Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelors' degree in finance, engineering, environmental science or
related field. Graduate degree a plus.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in utility management role, preferably in the real estate industry
• Experience with multifamily estate. Knowledge of affordable housing regulations a plus
• Strong statistical and financial analysis skills.
• Experience with utility management platforms
• Yardi experience a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• Extensive knowledge of green building and general construction, HVAC design, lighting systems, and
renewable energy systems
For more information, please visit our website at www.pennrose.com
Pennrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer